Wampler Low Blow Bass Overdrive / Distortion Pedal
The first Wampler overdrive and distortion pedal designed exclusively for bass guitar.
Some of the most consistently asked questions to Wampler Pedals is “Will this pedal work on bass?” or “Have you got a bass overdrive?”. So, several years ago Brian Wampler started on tweaking a bass circuit, it’s been out to more players than we can remember, with each one making a suggestion about how it can be improved. After this, they all started saying “That’s it, it’s perfect”. That was the point Brian started to really refine it. Working with Wampler engineer (and bass player) Jake Steffes, Brian tuned the gain stages to perfection and the Low Blow was born.
Each of the 2 clipping modes – Smooth and Jagged – react just the way you would expect them too. Smooth giving you more of an overdrive with the jagged being more distorted. The addition of a 3 band EQ (Bass, Mids, and Treble) allows a player to have more tonal control no matter what the gig calls for.
With the the Notch Filter switch, you can help tighten/clean up common cabinet “woof” without having to turn down. The Low Blow also features Wampler’s standard top mounted jacks and our soft click electrical relay true by-pass switch.
Finally, with the help of a bass player – Wampler created a bass pedal for bass players.
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9v power jack
- Power draw: between 35mA (9v) and 53mA (18v) (LED will flash 3 times when power from battery is getting low)
- Active 3 band EQ
- 2 clipping modes, smooth and jagged
- Switchable notch filter
- 3.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches