This item is in excellent condition. Includes original two-butting footswitch.
This state-of-the-art Music Man 112RD-50 rocks a single 12" speaker, a reverb/distortion chassis, and 50 watts of power. Revel in its hybrid-tube chassis with a 7025 preamp tube and two 6L6 power tubes, and explore two distinct channels with independent volume, tone, and bass controls. Plus, channel 1 has a bright switch while channel 2 brings a limiter switch alongside gain and reverb controls!
Music Man History:
In 1965, Leo Fender sold Fender to CBS with a clause prohibiting involvement in the music industry for 10 years. Despite this, he provided advice to Fender in the years following the sale. Then in 1972, former Fender Vice President Forrest White and ex-sales rep Tom Walker began a guitar and amp company with Leo Fender as a silent partner, which adhered to the non-compete agreement. It began as Tri-Sonics, Inc., morphed into Musitek, Inc. in 1973 and finally became Music Man in 1974. Leo's organization CLF Research crafted both guitars and basses for Music Man. Tom and his team produced their amplifiers down the road only a few miles away. Though CLF and the Music Man factory were two distinct entities, Leo had no input in amplifier design or construction. During the 1970s, Music Man was renowned for their imaginative hybrids containing both tube and solid-state parts. Sadly, quality control issues with CLF's guitars damaged the company's reputation and caused inner strife between the 3 founders. Leo even aided rival companies by assembling the same guitars through CLF. G&L Guitars, owned by Leo and George Fullerton, received greater priority. In 1981, Music Man released a huge line of amps ranging from 50 to 150 watts, with combos, heads, and speaker cabinets. Production halted in 1983 and Ernie Ball purchased the business a year later. Employing a hybrid chassis, they created one of the first amplifiers to incorporate tube and solid-state technology.
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.