This Item is in Good Condition. The "E" on the Evans logo is missing. There is some mild discoloration on the grill, small dings and tears on the tolex, and some of the lettering on the control panel has worn off. But overall, it is in very good cosmetic condition for and amp of its age and is fully functional.
Evans Custom Amplifiers have been building some of the finest amps on the market since 1969. Based in Burlington, North Carolina (USA), Evans amps were initially created for jazz and pedal steel players (this particular amp for sale is believed to have been owned by John Hughey of the Conway Twitty Band), although they have since gained popularity among players in many other genres including rock, blues, shoegaze, doom metal, etc. for their massive amount of clean headroom and ability to be an excellent pedal platform, similar to a Roland Jazz Chorus.
This Evans Hybrid 300 is one of the first to have been built. It has a solid state power amp, tube pre amp, true spring reverb, and a clean, powerful sound. The headroom on this amp is truly phenomenal. This particular amp is serial number 5005, making it the 5th model made. It is said that the first ten of these amplifiers were owned by the Conway Twitty Band, and used by Twitty's lapsteel guitarist John Hughey.
The valve preamp/reverb circuit versions of these amplifiers are rare, as they soon transitioned into making amplifiers powered entirely by solid state transistors.
- Made in USA
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.