This item is in excellent condition.
The Architect V3 is Rick Matthews' unique take on the legendary klon circuit, which has formed the tone of countless guitar players. Matthews Effects is the first company to take this legendary design to new heights by building in an active three band EQ which sculpts the tone of the overdrive. The option to select from three distinct clipping modes allows you to perfectly pair this pedal with any guitar/amp combination. The boost channel offers two independent circuits to choose from, giving you vast control of your tonal blueprints. With the Architect V3 you can create layered, clean boosts, to dynamically push your amp with powerful EQ dialing, or crank up the gain and shake the very earth. There is always more to discover and build on with the Architect V3.
Active 3 Band EQ - The EQ in the Architect V3 provides active control over the Treble, Mids and Lows. Actively boost or cut these frequencies to dynamically shape your guitar's tone.
Gain Control - The unique control delivers a lot more than a traditional Gain knob. Set to the lower setting (left), your signal is routed via a boost circuit. As you turn the "Gain" up, it gradually engages a secondary gain channel which is being mixed in. A wide variety of tones are at your disposal using this layered Gain feature..
Independent Boost - The new Architect V3 offers an independent true bypass boost control and footswitch. Use the slide switch on the side of the pedal to select between a Silicon or Mosfet circuit to form the foundation of your tone.
Output - Volume of the overdrive
Gain - Controls amount of gain
Bass - Boost or cut the bass freq.
Mid - Boost or cut the mid freq.
Treble - Boost or cut the treble freq.
Boost - Volume of the boost
THREE CLIPPING MODES
The slide switch on the side of the pedal lets you select from three distinct clipping modes, each with a different color of gain. This allows you pair the Architect V3 with any guitar and amp combination.
Silicon - Very tight and crunchy
Diode Lift - Slight natural clipping great for pushing a dirty amp
Germanium - Compressed and tight
EXTERNAL BYPASS JACK
This input allows you to control the Boost and Bypass switch remotely using a TRS cable. Tip controls the Boost bypass switch and Ring controls the Drives bypass switch.
BUILT IN USA QUALITY CONSTRUCTION
Rick Matthews obsesses over every last detail to make the highest quality and intuitive pedals available. This commitment to excellence is on full display with the Architect V3. With its rugged build, iconic overdrive tone and boost circuits options, you can construct your entire tone around The Architect V3.
- High-grade components selected for their superior sound and response
- Top-mounted jacks make pedal board placement effortless
- Overdrive & boost in a single compact pedal
- Soft-touch footswitch designed to years of abuse
- Fully active three-band EQ
- Three clipping options
- Two boost options
- External bypass control for both the overdrive and boost circuits. TRS cable required.
- Includes Matthews Effects limited 5-year warranty
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.