This item is in Very Good Condition. There is some minor wear to the tolex but everything is fully functional and structurally sound.
The builder of this amplifier made a small number of hand-wired, boutique amps (less than 100) under the Phathead name that were mostly sold to a music retailer in Chicago. He was also well known in the region for modifying many vintage pieces before his passing.
At first glance, it is a fairly straightforward JTM45 clone, but if you dig a little deeper, you will see some very intuitive and useful mods. While this amp can still be "jumped" using patch cables, it is not necessary because of a push-pull pot on the "Normal - Loudness 2" control that allows you jump the channels without a cable. Also, the "Middle" control is a switchable pot that allows you to bypass the EQ section completely - turn it all the way to the left past the click and the EQ is cut out of the circuit all together. The switch on the back labelled, "Vintage" and "Modern" allows you to switch between tube and solid state rectifier and there is also a "Master Volume" control knob on the back of the amp. It has two speaker outputs that are selectable between 4, 8, and 16 ohms.
A local amp tech / builder has recently checked out this amp and has rated the overall output power to be right around 30w.
- Output: 30w
- Power Tubes: 6V6
- Weight: 24lbs
- Built in the USA
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.