Designed from the ground up for comfort, playability and rich tone, the GT Urban Ash debuts a new compact body shape with a big, resonant acoustic voice. The GT (Grand Theater) shares the basic footprint of the jumbo-sized Grand Orchestra shape, but its proportions have been scaled down (including a shallower body depth), creating a fun, inviting feel in a package that you can take virtually anywhere. The GT also features a uniquely proportioned neck with a scale length of 24-⅛”, a bit longer than the GS Mini and a bit shorter than the Grand Concert. The neck provides a slinky fretting feel thanks to reduced string tension. It comes together in the GT Urban Ash, built with solid back and sides of the responsibly sourced tonewood that gives the guitar its name. A solid spruce top helps charge the GT’s tonal response with projection that belies its small frame, powered by the new asymmetrical C-Class bracing design, which translates the tone-enhancing properties of V-Class bracing into a sonic engine that’s appropriate for this new body shape. Expect a warm, punchy midrange accentuated by crisp treble notes, with an impressive bass response that owes its surprising power to the new bracing scheme. A beautiful fretboard of responsibly sourced smoked eucalyptus delivers the feel of a rosewood fretboard with the tonal character of ebony, while a thin matte finish preserves the guitar’s resonance. A clean-cut appointment package includes Pinnacle inlays in Italian acrylic, a three-ring koa rosette and a dusky Urban Sienna stain on the ash back and sides.
This guitar includes a Taylor AeroCase™.
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Wood: Solid Urban Ash
- Body Shape: Taylor GT
- Case: Taylor AeroCase™
- Scale Length - 24 1/8"
- Nut & Saddle - Black TUSQ nut, Micarta saddle
- Bracing - C-Class
- Pickguard - Tortoise
- Tuners - Taylor Nickel Mini
- Strings - Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Type of Neck Joint - Scarf
- Neck/Heel Wood - Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood - Eucalyptus
- Neck Finish - Matte
- Headstock Finish - Matte
- Headstock Overlay - Eucalyptus
All instruments purchased from Small Box Music receive a full inspection and custom setup prior to shipment from our in-house luthier.
We are proud to be an Authorized Taylor Guitars Dealer, with over 30 new models in-stock. Please contact us about any of our incredible offerings!
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.