"This is a great starter bass for those of you that have children wanting to play bass, to others just starting out, and even pros that have been playing for years."
- Bass Musician Magazine, October 2017
"This is a bass that is portable, professional-sounding whether plugged in or not, and easier to play than a conventional electric bass or an acoustic fretless upright. Taylor has built a very fun, and very functional instrument that is versatile and design for pleasure or work."
- American Songwriter
The GS Mini-e Bass, is one of the most unbelievable, unexpected offerings from Taylor Guitars. This instrument is strikingly unique, travel friendly, and ridiculously fun. Adding to the now iconic line of GS Mini travel guitars, the GS mini bass is even more impressive than its six string siblings; this is because of its ability to produce rich, natural-sounding bass notes at a scale length that is 10" shorter than a standard bass guitar. Part of the magic is the custom nylon-core strings developed in partnership with D’Addario exclusively for the bass (in fact, no other strings will work on it). Together with Taylor's dual-prong bridge pin design, the bass produces a remarkable sound and a unique, slinky feel.
- Top Wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Wood: Layered Sapele
- Body Shape: GS Mini Bass
- Electronics: ES-B System
- Case: Taylor GS Mini Padded Gig Bag
- Scale Length - 23-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle - Nubone Nut, Micarta saddle
- Bracing - GS Mini with Relief Rout
- Tuners - Die-Cast Chrome
- Strings - D’Addario EXP PBB190GS
- Body Length - 17 5/8"
- Body Width - 14 3/8"
- Body Depth - 4 7/16"
- Type of Neck Joint - Taylor Neck
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck/Heel Wood - Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood - West African Ebony
- Neck Finish - Satin
- Headstock Finish - Satin
- Headstock Overlay - Copafera
All instruments purchased from Small Box Music receive a full inspection and custom setup prior to shipment from our in-house luthier.
We are proud to be an Authorized Taylor Guitars Dealer, with over 30 new models in-stock. Please contact us about any of our incredible offerings!
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.