The 652ce is the first 12-string guitar to join Taylor's Builder's Edition series of guitars. Aside from its striking appearance, easy playability, and rich, balanced tone, all of which have become hallmarks that we come to expect from all Taylor guitars, there are a few notable design features that set this guitar apart from other 12-string guitars.
The first thing many players notice is that it features a "reverse-strung setup." This means that the heavier of each paired string is on the top so it is struck first on a downstroke, which offers a slight tonal shift that compliments the Grand Concert body shape. Like other Builder's Edition guitars, it also features the beveled armrest (and cutaway) and chamfered body edges, which add to the comfort and styling of the guitar. Adding to all of this, a torrefied Sitka spruce top paired with Big Leaf maple back and sides, and Taylor's Silent Satin finish, the result is a truly unique guitar with a well-thought out design and excellent sound quality.
- Top Wood: Solid Torrefied Sitka Spruce
Body Wood: Solid Big Leaf Maple
Body Shape: Grand Concert
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Cutaway: Beveled Cutaway
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Scale Length - 24 7/8"
- Nut & Saddle - TUSQ Nut / Micarta Saddle
- Bracing - V-Class Bracing
- Tuners - Gotoh 510 (18:1 Gear Ratio)
- Strings - Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length - 19 1/2"
- Body Width - 15"
- Body Depth - 4 3/8"
- Neck Width - 1 7/8"
- Body Finish - Silent Satin
- Type of Neck Joint - Scarf
- Neck/Heel Wood - Hard Rock Maple
- Fretboard Wood - West African Cremlican Ebony
- Neck Finish - Satin
- Headstock Finish - Satin
- Headstock Overlay - West African Cremlican Ebony
All instruments purchased from Small Box Music receive a full inspection and custom setup prior to shipment from our in-house luthier.
We are proud to be an Authorized Taylor Guitars Dealer, with over 30 new models in-stock. Please contact us about any of our incredible offerings!
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.