With its official release on September 29. 2022 this version of Taylor's well-known 514ce acoustic guitar is a departure from the specs, style and tonewoods traditionally used on this familiar model and staple in Taylor's lineup.
The inspiration for this design comes from Taylor's long-running commitment to sustainable practices in regard to harvesting wood for instruments as well as their continued efforts for reforestation and conservation. While conducting extensive research into new and sustainable tonewoods, one wood in particular kept catching the ears and eyes of Taylor's master luthiers: Urban Ironbark. As it continued to pass test after test, becoming the most favored new tonewood among the designers and builders, it was the obvious choice for the latest rendition of the iconic Taylor 514ce.
This represents Taylor's first Grand Auditorium guitar featuring Urban Ironbark. The combination of torrified Sitka Spruce on the top and solid Urban Ironbark on the back and sides delivers a sweet, muscular sound that combines rosewood's high-fidelity voice with mahogany's warm and punchy midrange and spectrum-wide sonic balance. Featuring Taylor's V-Class bracing for improved volume and sustain, the 514ce yields power ideal for heavy strummers along with touch sensitivity that gives it a wide dynamic range that's great for fingerstyle players as well. With new Aerial inlays in Italian acrylic, a single-ring abalone rosette, a subtle stain that highlights Urban Ironbark's rich red hues, a lightly shaded edgeburst and gloss-finish body, the 514ce blends traditional and contemporary visual styles. It ships with ES2 electronics and a deluxe hardshell case.
- Top Wood: Solid Torrefied Sitka Spruce
Body Wood: Solid Urban Ironbark
Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Cutaway: Venetian
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Scale Length - 25 1/2"
- Nut & Saddle - Black Graphite Nut / Micarta Saddle
- Bracing - V-Class Bracing
- Tuners - Taylor Nickel
- Strings - Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length - 20"
- Body Width - 16"
- Body Depth - 4 5/8"
- Neck Width - 1 3/4"
- Body Finish - Gloss
- Pickguard / Binding - Tortoise
- Type of Neck Joint - Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel Wood - Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood - West African Cremlican Ebony
- Neck Finish - Satin
- Headstock Finish - Gloss
- Headstock Overlay - West African Cremlican Ebony
- Bridge Pins - West African Cremlican Ebony
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.