No other pedal sounds more like a real Supro amp than the Supro Drive. This groundbreaking analog pedal re-creates the circuitry of a Supro amp, from end to end, including an actual output transformer. As the Supro sound has gained widespread popular recognition as a pillar of classic rock guitar tone, numerous amp and pedal companies claim to have captured their coveted sound by cloning the original Supro preamp, in stompbox format. They all got it wrong! The real tone of a genuine Supro amp has everything to do with the unique phase inverter design, Class A power amp section and the magnetic saturation that occurs via the old-school transformers found in these vintage tone machines. In short, the iconic sound of a Supro amp being pushed into overdrive has everything to do with the POWER AMP.
Harnessing the expertise Supro has developed through re-imagining and successfully manufacturing the 1960’s Supro tube amplifier lineup, Supro USA has captured the legendary magic of a Supro tube amp by completely re-thinking their approach to stompbox design. Rather than approximating the sound of Supro's amps using standard techniques, engineer Thomas Elliot created an all-new circuit which mimics every aspect of the Supro tube amp. This unique approach yields the most realistic-sounding overdrive pedal ever made, with greater range of gain, dynamics and natural compression than the Tube Screamer, Klon or any of their many derivatives. The Supro Drive is an original, landmark design that raises the bar for overdrive pedals.
|Emulates a Class-A Supro amp from end to end.|
|Achieves magnetic saturation via output transformer|
|Switchable RICH or BOLD transformer windings selection|
|Expression pedal control for GAIN|
|Power Supply||9V – 18V, 2.1mm Neg. Tip|
|Current Draw||< 20mA|
|Chassis (in.)||3.2″ x 3.2″ x 4.9″|
|Chassis (cm.)||8 x 8 x 12.5 cm|
|Weight (lbs)||1.1 lbs|
|Weight (kg)||.5 kg|
|Finish||Anodized Brushed Aluminum|
The Supro Drive pedal sports a simple control layout with Volume, Gain and Tone knobs as well as a toggle switch to select between the different windings of their custom, multi-tapped output transformer—either for high-headroom BOLD sounds, or more compressed, high-gain RICH tones. Taking the overdrive pedal platform one step further, the Supro Drive offers a TRS port for expression pedal control of the GAIN knob. With the expression pedal in use, the on-board GAIN knob sets the maximum value, while a user-adjustable, internal trimmer sets the minimum gain setting. All Supro pedals are assembled in Port Jefferson, NY, USA, featuring custom-tooled, anodized, brushed-aluminum enclosures, 9V battery or DC powered operation, rear-mounted metal jacks, easy-access side-mounted battery drawer and studio-friendly, noiseless (click-free) true-bypass switching.
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.