Famous for its noiseless clean sustain, the Philosopher’s Tone has staked its claim in the crowded world of compressor pedals. In addition to Volume and Sustain controls, the Philosopher’s Tone features a parallel Blend knob that allows the musician to mix their instrument’s original tone with the compressed sound effect. This technique restores natural pick-attack and allows more extreme sustain settings to remain musical. The Treble control provides up to a 6db cut or boost at 2kHz for fine-tuning the frequency response of the effect. The Philosopher’s Tone features true-bypass switching and internal 18V power rails for maximum clean headroom, even when used with hot pickups and line level signals.
- Voltage: 9v DC
- Current Draw: 100mA
- Dimensions: 1.5" x 3.75" x 1.75"
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.