The Peavey® HP® 2 is constructed with leading-edge technology, traditional handcrafted methods, professional-quality upgrades, and customizations. When a guitar bears the initials of Peavey founder and CEO Hartley Peavey, players can expect an iconic design with its own unique flair.
While the esthetic is classic, the HP 2 undoubtedly stands out with its carved top and offset, asymmetrical body design that offers comfort, proper balance, and maximum playing ease. Maple was chosen for the top and basswood for the back. These hardwoods were selected not only for their natural beauty and weight characteristics, but also for their specific tonal qualities. Cream edge binding accents the body.
At the select birdseye maple neck and fingerboard, players will find unmatched stability and playability. Dual graphite reinforcement bars and an easy-access, adjustable steel truss rod provide additional strength, as does the bolt-on construction with contoured neck heel. The oil-finished fingerboard is cut from the same piece of wood as the single-piece neck, keeping the color and grain patterns consistent. The stress-relieved lamination also adds increased stability. The HP 2 has a 25 ½" scale length, 22 jumbo frets and 15" fingerboard radius. The 10-degree tilt-back headstock has a 3+3 tuning machine configuration featuring Schaller® tuning machines with pearloid buttons. The chrome-plated hardware finish completes the look.
The HP 2's construction and electronics work in harmony. Two custom-wound Peavey humbucking pickups supply optimal output and tonal response. They're made using a two-step wax-dipping process that provides ultra-low noise operation and resistance to microphonic feedback. The pickups are mounted directly to the body, further reducing feedback at high volume levels and enhancing response. A Switchcraft® 3-way toggle switch allows selection of pickups in up, center and down configurations. Players will also find a Peavey/Floyd Rose®licensed, double-locking tremolo assembly to complete the guitar. Finishing off the guitar are two push-pull knobs for volume and tone, with the ability to split the pickups individually.
- Ten degree tilt-back headstock with unique scoop design
- Schaller® tuning machines with pearloid buttons
- Staggered ergonomic tuning machine placement with straight string pull
- Locking Nut
- 25 ½ inch scale Graphite-reinforced oil-finished neck and fingerboard
- Switchcraft® 3-way toggle switch
- Peavey design humbucking pickups mounted directly to body
- Flame-maple/basswood body construction with carved top
- Master volume
- Master tone
- Push pull coil tap capability
- Cream edge binding
- Sculpted body/neck heel
- Easy-access truss rod adjustment
- Peavey licensed Floyd Rose® tremolo
- Premium hardshell case included
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.