Classic American Tone Meets British Royalty
The MVP23 is the perfect combination of classic American cleans and smooth British overdrive. The MVP23 is a handwired in the USA, all-tube head with a full tone stack that is voiced squarely in the black face camp.
The MVP-23 utilizes a special phase inverter and EL84 power section allowing players to choose between big clean punch and smooth overdriven tones just by turning the gain knob. This amp is perfect for the player that wants to play a variety of different styles without compromise. The gain structure on the MVP-23 was designed to make the amp extremely sensitive to your pick attack and volume control. Even at its highest gain settings great cleans can be had with a turn of your guitar's volume.
Power Level Control
The MVP23 output power is controlled with Morgan’s Power level circuitry. The Power Level control is a big part of the magic. Most guitarists today have spent large sums of money and even more amounts of time working on their pedal boards. Most pedals are not designed to be used with a tube amp on “1”. They were designed to interact with the amplifier at or near the point at which it begins to break up. That is why an overdrive pedal is called an “over” drive. It is driving the amp over that point. Unfortunately that volume can be too loud for most live applications. The Power Level control on the MVP23 solves this. Think of conventional master volumes as a spigot on a garden hose, they choke off the signal to the power section of the amp to a usable level. Most conventional master volumes also affect the way your pedals interact with your amp. The Power Level control behaves like a zoom lens. It limits the size of the output signal that can be produced by the output tubes. It does NOT choke the signal down and therefore behaves identical as if the amp were running at full volume. This means that you can choose the power that you need, anything from ¼ of a watt to 23 watts.
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.