The DUAL20s NORMAL channel has a switchable EF86 tube, making the range of tones from the cleanest of EL84 chime to ferocious high gain growl. A Bass Cut and a Bright switch allow you to completely sculpt your tone. The DUAL20s TOP BOOST channel adds bass and treble controls as well as an extra stage of gain. This channel is perfect for capturing those Tom Petty and Beatles tones. The DUAL20 uses a global CUT control to smooth the top end in the power section of the amp, this allows you to dial in just the right amount of chime.
The DUAL20 also utilizes the revolutionary Power Level control. The Power Level control is a big part of the magic. Most guitarists today have spent large sums of money and even more amounts of time working on their pedal boards. Most pedals are not designed to be used with a tube amp on “1”. They were designed to interact with the amplifier at, or near, the point at which it begins to break up. That is why an overdrive pedal is called an “over” drive. It is driving the amp over that point. Unfortunately, that volume can be too loud for most live applications. The Power Level control on the DUAL20 solves this. Think of conventional master volumes as a spigot on a garden hose. They choke off the signal to the power section of the amp to a usable level. Most conventional master volumes also affect the way your pedals interact with your amp. The Power Level control behaves like a zoom lens. It limits the size of the output signal that can be produced by the output tubes. It does NOT choke the signal down, and therefore behaves identical as if the amp were running at full volume. This means that you can choose the power that you need, anything from a ¼ of a watt to 20 watts. Hand-wired in the USA.
At the heart of the DUAL 20 Combo is a 12” Celestion G12H75 Creamback speaker that delivers the perfect blend of mid range tones that will cut through any mix. We load this speaker into a void less Baltic birch ply cab that utilizes a fixed baffle to transfer the speaker energy to the entire cabinet. You will be amazed at the amount of bass from this cab.
- Power: ¼ – 20w variable (tube)
- Cathode follower driven tone stack
- Bass and Treble controls
- Hand-wired in the USA
- 2x EL-84 power tubes
- GZ34 Rectifier
- 3x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Power Level control
- Global Cut – removes high frequencies from the power section
- Volume – NORMAL
- Volume – TOP BOOST
- Bright switch – NORMAL
- Bass cut switch – NORMAL
- Celestion G12H75 Creamback
- Custom USA made transformers
- 5 Year Warranty
- Dimensions: 10″ (D) x 24” (W) x 20″ (H)
- Weight: 40 lb
- Made in the U.S.A.
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.