Handwired in the USA
Dave Friedman’s Dirty Shirley 40 Watt Head was designed for guitarists that want a Vintage Classic Rock tone inspired by British tube amps from the 60’s and 70’s.
It is based on a modified JTM 45 but still delivers the signature high gain tone for which Friedman is best known. The Dirty Shirley is a 40-watt, 5881 powered, single channel amp that will give you that vintage crunch and also cleans up nicely by merely backing off the guitar’s volume knob. Extremely versatile, it is capable of producing many styles of music from blues to rock and country by just adjusting the gain and master controls.
The Dirty Shirley features beautiful black Tolex, tongue and groove Baltic Birch construction and is built to withstand the rigors of the road.
The Dirty Shirley was designed to take pedals and loves boosts, OD’s, phasers, flangers, tremolos and wahs, while the brand new ultra-transparent series effects loop handles your time-based effects pedals and rack units.
The Dirty Shirley from Friedman Amplification, a real screamer that fits in your backseat!
- 40-Watt all tube head
- Single channel
- High and low sensitivity inputs
- 2 x 5881 power tubes
- 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Gain, Master Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble and Presence
- Ultra transparent series FX loop
- 4, 8 and 16 ohm Impedance selector switch
- Custom USA made transformers
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Dimensions: 8.5" (D) x 24" (W) x 10" (H)
- Weight: 30.5 lbs.
Dave Friedman is the man behind the signature tones of rock icons Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens and Jerry Cantrell. Dave has been building, modding and repairing amplifiers for many of the world’s biggest stars for the past 25 years. Friedman’s innovative designs and meticulous construction have made him legendary in the world of professional touring musicians while earning him a loyal clientele from all over the world. One of Friedman’s mainstays has been modifying amps to each player’s specific tonal palette, and to consult with other established amplifier companies to improve their own designs.
Dave Friedman’s extensive knowledge and pursuit of tonal superiority inspired him to develop his own series of production amplifiers under the name Friedman Amplification. In the past, having Friedman build or modify your amp required a certain level of notoriety, but now his sonic wizardry is available to everyday players.
Each Friedman amplifier is built in the U.S.A. to Dave's exacting standards using hand selected components. After a rigorous burn in process, Dave inspects, tubes, plays and signs the chassis of every amplifier before shipping.
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.