Each Babel by Deadbug Circuits is 100% hand-built from soldering to packaging and everything in between.
Hand-built in Toledo, Ohio.
So what is Babel?
Babel is a pedalboard friendly drone synth. Complete with four separate oscillators, each with their own pitch control and smart footswitch. The oscillators also have a master volume, master filter control, and their own dedicated effects loop.
While it may seem kind of niche and unusable, Babel actually has many uses. One way to use Babel is to drone a chord. Set each oscillator to a note of the chord you want, and then let it play while you noodle some spacy guitar over top. Real sci-fi film score stuff. Babel also excels as being a standalone instrument, use it to fill in some empty spaces on your track, or use it as the only instrument, its got plenty of frequency to fill a mix.
Babel has an effects loop, any pedal placed inside of Babel's effects loop will only effect the oscillator signal and not touch your guitar signal at all. If you want reverb on your drone, but want to keep your chuggy riff tone, just stick a reverb pedal in Babel's effects loop.
Each oscillator has its own independent footswitch, which can operate as both a momentary and a latching switch. When tapped, the switch will act as a latching footswitch and stay on until it is tapped again. When the switch is held, the switch will stay on until it is released. If you've used any newish EQD pedal, you are probably familiar with this style of switching.
So what happens to my guitar signal?
Your guitar signal simply gets buffered at unity gain and then sent through the summing stage. If you have any sensitive fuzz pedals, be sure to place them before Babel in order to keep them sounding as intended.
These are the colored knobs, they each go to their respective oscillator. Turn it to the left for a low pitch, or turn it to the right for a higher pitch.
Inside the pedal a capacitor is socketed for each oscillator, three different values of capacitor will be supplied in order to have three different pitch ranges. -Instructions on how to switch out capacitors will be included in the manual.-
A volume control. Right loud, left, not loud. The Vol control affects all four oscillators.
This is a simple low-pass filter. Turn it to the right for the oscillators to be more harsh sounding, or turn it to the left to mellow them out a bit. The Filt control affects all four oscillators.
Babel Demo / Video Manual:
Power: 9V, Center negative
Current Draw: 200mA with all oscillators on
Footprint Dimensions: 145mm by 95mm
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.