Breedlove has been one of the main guitar manufacturers leading the way in building instruments from sustainably sourced exotic and native tonewoods for many years now. Using Myrtlewood as a main tonewood in their guitars has proven to be one of their most successful strategies in accomplishing this goal as it has become very popular among many players who love its unique look and sound.
Myrtlewood, while native to Oregon's Pacific coast (where Breedlove is located), is considered by some to be the most 'exotic' of all tonewoods. Each piece of myrtlewood has the potential to look different from the next, with varying figuring, grain patterns, and coloration, adding to the uniqueness of each individual instrument. More importantly, however, is the tone that it produces, which is described as "capturing the deep bass of rosewood, the pure warmth of mahogany and the sweet, glassy treble of maple."
The Concert body shape is Breedlove's most popular and versatile design. It works well for fingerstyle playing, vocal accompaniment, and full-on heavy strumming. It is a well-balance, compact, and comfortable body that produces plenty of volume, evenly articulated tone, and plenty of low end that is never boomy, but always felt.
The copper logo and tuning machines, tortoise binding and rosette, brass fret markers and Tiger's Eye Burst finish tie everything together with the natural beauty of the myrtlewood, creating a classy, yet organic aesthetic.
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Scale Length: 25.3"
- Body Shape: Concert
- Lower Bout Width: 15.37"
- Waist Width: 9"
- Upper Bout Width: 11.28"
- Body Length: 19.875"
- Top Wood: Solid Myrtlewood
- Back / Sides Wood: Layered Myrtlewood
- Neck Wood: African Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Ovangkol
- Bridge Wood: Ovangkol (stained black)
- Body Finish: Glossy Tiger's Eye Burst
- Tuning Machines: Breedlove Premium Copper Tuners w/ Copper Buttons
- Inlays: "Brass" dots on fretboard top and side
- Binding: Tortoise
- Pickup / Electronics: Fishman Presys I
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.