Bartolini 8S P Bass Pickup
The original Bartolini design gives you the timeless tone that started it all – full and warm for that vintage voice you've been craving, enhancing the natural voice of your bass. These split coil pickups are hum-cancelling, so they are well suited for studio or stage. They have a blade core design, so you don’t have to worry about string alignment. Original Barts bring out your voice, low and clear.
In the early ‘70s, Bill Bartolini leveraged his deep knowledge of acoustics to create pickups that produce the most natural, musical voice from the instrument. He added shielding to block radio signals and noise. He developed a method of sealing, isolating, and stabilizing the coils so they could be encapsulated in epoxy to eliminate “microphonics” – the nasty noise you get when you touch typical pickups.
- DC Resistance: ~8.4KΩ
- Resonant Frequency: ~4.6KHz
- Sensing Width: 2.36" [60mm] Max 1.57" [40mm] Min
- Coil Structure: Split P Hum-Killing
- Cable Type: Shielded Coaxial Hot Core
- Magnetic Circuit:
- 2 types of carbon steel powered by ceramic (ferrite) magnets projected shallow for wide aperture
- Bass coil North and treble coil South
- Dimensions: 2.2" Long x 1.08" Wide x 0.69" Thick