Many guitarists have become familiar with Hawaiian Koa over the past few decades as it has been an increasingly popular tone wood option. It stands out in a crowd and is easily recognizable due to it's unique look and sound. The Taylor 224ce-K does a great job of showcasing the performance and style that this sought-after, exotic wood can offer. The solid Koa top is paired with layered Koa back & sides and given a high gloss, shaded edgeburst finish to help accentuate the natural beauty of the wood.
The shape of the 224ce-K's body (Grand Auditorium) allows it to be very versatile musically, as it is well-suited for both strumming and fingerpicking. Additionally, the tonal properties of the Koa top will even out a lively attack to produce a focused, linear voice.
This guitar includes Taylor's ES2 acoustic pickup / preamp electronics system and a Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case.
- Top Wood: Solid Hawaiian Koa
Body Wood: Layered Koa
Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Cutaway: Venetian Cutaway
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Scale Length - 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle - Nubone Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing - Forward Shifted Pattern
- Pickguard - Black
- Tuners - Chrome (100/200)
- Strings - Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length - 20"
- Body Width - 16"
- Body Depth - 4 5/8"
- Neck Width - 1-11/16"
- Type of Neck Joint - Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel Wood - Sapele
- Fretboard Wood - West African Ebony
- Neck Finish - Satin
- Headstock Finish - Satin
- Headstock Overlay - West African Ebony
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.