Now in it’s second incarnation, the Faux Tape Echo v2 brings you everything you want from a standard delay pedal in the ultimate gig friendly package.
The v2 offers the same purity of signal path, the same depth of tone on the repeats and most importantly, the addition of sub divisions on the tap tempo. With this, you can now have your delays come at ¼, 1/8, dotted 1/8 and triplet based on your tap tempo.
With our hybrid design (completely pure analog dry path with the digital delay layered on top) approach, you get the best of both worlds. You get the note clarity, much lower noise, and longer delay times from digital delays... You also get the lovely warmth and little exquisite touches that are usually reserved for analog delays. Nearly every part of the pedal, all of its major functions, are analog. The “delay line” is the only digital part of the signal path. It alone being digital brings clarity and focus to the task in a way that analog delay line chips can’t really match.
But everything else, all the absolutely vital filtering to carefully finish the sound is pure analog. Every aspect of the modulation that gives the Faux Tape Echo pedal a unique function and tone and makes it desirable for people who want their delay tone to sound as good as tape delay units but without all the maintenance, supplies, and hassle. Your all-important fundamental dry tone is 100% analog, too.
So when we say it’s the best of both worlds, we absolutely mean it. From country slap-back to ambient washes to straight-ahead rock and metal delay, the hybrid approach lets Brian make one pedal that can do it all.
The Faux Tape Echo takes everything great about the original, and adds to it that much-requested tap tempo with sub-division functionality that users have been asking for, as well as our well known emulation of the elusive and beautiful character that people look for in classic tape echo units.
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switches
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss) Please note: Battery not provided. Mains power recommended.
- Power draw: 40mA (LED will flash 3 times when power from battery is getting low)
- Sub divisions available on Tap Tempo. Quarter, eigth, dotted eight and Triplets.
- About 800ms of delay time available (very slight echo deterioration is apparent after about 600m/s)
- 3.5” x 4.5” x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
Wampler Faux Tape Echo V2 Delay Pedal Product Manual
Why Buy from Small Box Music?
- We offer a free full custom setup on all of our instruments before they leave our store - we will contact you to make sure it's set up to your preference! (If your setup includes modifications/parts, some charges may apply)
- We offer a 30-day no hassle return period on all of our products (except on items that go in your ears/mouth because that would be gross... wired earbuds, talk box mouth tubes, harmonicas)
- We offer price matching on any new products (has to be from a legitimate seller, contact store for inquires)
- We offer special financing plans that work for you
- We offer layaway payment options both in-person and online
- We are a locally owned, family-based business that supports our community's working musicians
- We are committed to diversity and sustainability in all of our operations
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.